If you have a complaint about the ownership of a picture or text, please contact me (juanribera@telefonica.net) directly and I will be sure to remove it at request as soon as possible.

miércoles, 9 de abril de 2008

Truly Smith (Un poco de Northern Soul)




I think the only UK label Truly recorded for was Decca. She released at least five singles with them:- My Smile Is Just A Frown Turned Upside Down- I Wanna Go Back There Again- The Boy From Chelsea/little Man With A Stick- Windows And Doors- The Merry-Go-Round is Slowing You Down

did see the MGM ">

The following is from Mick Fitzpatrick's site:-" Truly Smith - My Smile Is Just A Frown Turned Upside Down. Fabulous, smooth version of a wonderful Carolyn Crawford Motown single, price rocketed from £3 to £25 in a matter of weeks following my reviewing it in 1990! Truly’s other Decca single of interest, I Wanna Go Back There Again, is a strong version of Chris Clark’s US hit which was covered by several UK artists in 1967. It seems she bowed out with a final single for MGM in 1968, This Is The First Time, which has a small following on the collectors scene. A French Decca EP also exists."


No hay comentarios:

Archivo del blog

Datos personales

Mi foto
contact: silvinaberenguergomez@gmail.com