If you have a complaint about the ownership of a picture or text, please contact me (juanribera@telefonica.net) directly and I will be sure to remove it at request as soon as possible.

viernes, 30 de mayo de 2008

The Squires - " Go Ahead" (¡favorito de Norman Blake!)


de http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=52283628&blogID=372287381

no confundir con Squire (el grupo mod de los 70-80)

The Squires - "Go Ahead" -

The best revamp of the classic Byrds riff from "I’ll Feel a Whole Lot Better", used in countless of garage and power-pop songs! It’s the b-side of their only single "Going All the Way": a staple of garage-psych and included on Pebbles and Nuggets. I first heard this b-side when Norman Blake was playing records at Mono, and subsequently became obsessed with obtaining the rare compilation Going All the Way With the Squires! on Crypt from 1986. The compilation is fleshed out with the single they cut as The Rogues (there are MANY bands called The Rogues - and The Squires too for that matter) and a bunch of demos. I found it after six months, and I still count myself lucky!

No hay comentarios:

Datos personales

Mi foto
contact: silvinaberenguergomez@gmail.com