If you have a complaint about the ownership of a picture or text, please contact me (juanribera@telefonica.net) directly and I will be sure to remove it at request as soon as possible.

lunes, 30 de junio de 2008

Northern Portrait no lo niegan


Les preguntan en pennyblackmusic.co.uk


PB : I can hear the Smiths, 1000 Violins, Aztec Camera and Orange Juice in your sound. Are you fans of any of these ?


SL : Well, I cannot deny having listened to the Smiths, and why should I? But my only knowledge of Aztec Camera comes from Craig Gannon, whom I met at a concert in Copenhagen a couple of years ago – he said they weren’t that great, and I really haven’t checked them out. But I promise I will. I must admit I have never heard of 1000 Violins, but their name obviously forces me to want to find out more about them. I’m a fan of Edwyn Collins –’A Girl Like You’ is a favourite of mine. As for Orange Juice, I’m aware of them, and I like what I’ve heard, but I wouldn’t list them as one of our biggest influences. To be absolutely honest I just pick up ideas here and there and put them together, but my list of influences includes Jarvis Cocker and Pulp which is perhaps not that audible, the Housemartins and the Smiths. But ever since we issued our first song ’Crazy’ on MySpace, all sorts of references have been made from other people, and now I’ve suddenly discovered the Sundays, the Trashcan Sinatras and others. And I’ve also become a fan of all the other Matinée Recording artists, all of whom are very inspiring.



Y Aquí la cara A de su nuevo EP:

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/6/3/1942444/Northern_Portrait_-_I_Give_You_Two_Seconds_To_Entertain_Me.mp3

No hay comentarios:

Datos personales

Mi foto
contact: silvinaberenguergomez@gmail.com