If you have a complaint about the ownership of a picture or text, please contact me (juanribera@telefonica.net) directly and I will be sure to remove it at request as soon as possible.

lunes, 1 de junio de 2009

Tracey Thorn & Jens Lekman "Yeah! Oh yeah!" / Laura Cantrell "Cowboy on the Moon"



Merge Records cumple 20 años y para celebrarlo publica "Score! 20 Years Of Merge Records: The Covers!". En ella, una veintena de grupos que no son de Merge versionan otros tantos artistas de la historia del sello. La mayoría son grupos indies-alternativos de USA versioneando a grupos indies alternativos de USA (y un par de Nueva Zelanda), como era de esperar. Pero hay dos canciones que se apartan del tópico inherente a Merge: Por un lado, Laura Cantrell hace una versión muy bonita de Lambchop (me gusta más que la original) y Tracey Thorn nos cuenta desde su blog en myspace su contribución:

"Here is some new music at last - it's the cover of Yeah! Oh Yeah! by The Magnetic Fields, which I recorded last summer with Jens Lekman for the 20th anniversary compilation put out by Merge Records. Over the last 20 years Merge (based in North Carolina) have put out records by some of our favourite indie artists, from Arcade Fire, through M Ward and the Magnetic Fields, to East River Pipe and American Music Club. I was flattered to be asked to take part and, as you know, I need little persuasion to raid the Stephen Merritt songbook. Though I was very tempted to cover East River Pipe's gorgeous song Druglife, which opens with the memorable line, "Hey! Where's my pills? They were sittin' on the windowsill".
Anyway, I haven't heard the whole Merge compilation yet (there is one on its way to me apparently..) but I nevertheless recommend you to check it out.
And as for my album, yep, the recording is finished, and the mixing about to begin, so with any luck I will soon be able to put some of that new stuff up here too.
More soon, xx

No hay comentarios:

Datos personales

Mi foto
contact: silvinaberenguergomez@gmail.com