If you have a complaint about the ownership of a picture or text, please contact me (juanribera@telefonica.net) directly and I will be sure to remove it at request as soon as possible.

viernes, 24 de octubre de 2008

Glen Campbell - Wichita Lineman



BOB STANLEY"Wichita Lineman" by Glen Campbell. It's got everything in it: mysterious lyrics, deeply romantic, incredible arrangement... and instrumentation where you can't actually work out what it is, which is always great. You get that on a lot of Beach Boys records as well, where you have no clue, even 40 years later, what is actually making the sound you're listening to. Which is probably as close as you get to when you're a kid, and you first hear "Heart of Glass" or "I Want to Hold Your Hand", and you just hear this amazing noise, you don't even know that it's musical instruments doing it.

WIKIPEDIA


Jimmy Webb was inspired to write the lyrics when he saw a solitary lineman in rural northern Oklahoma. The lyric describes the longing that a lonely telephone or electric power lineman feels for an absent lover who he imagines he can hear "singing in the wire" that he is working on. Such a sonic vibration is commonly induced by wind blowing across small conductors.

LYRIC
I am a lineman for the county and I drive the main roadSearchin' in the sun for another overloadI hear you singin' in the wire, I can hear you through the whineAnd the Wichita Lineman is still on the lineI know I need a small vacation but it don't look like rainAnd if it snows that stretch down south won't ever stand the strainAnd I need you more than want you, and I want you for all timeAnd the Wichita Lineman is still on the lineAnd I need you more than want you, and I want you for all timeAnd the Wichita Lineman is still on the line

No hay comentarios:

Datos personales

Mi foto
contact: silvinaberenguergomez@gmail.com