If you have a complaint about the ownership of a picture or text, please contact me (juanribera@telefonica.net) directly and I will be sure to remove it at request as soon as possible.

viernes, 14 de noviembre de 2008

Bubblegum Lemonade - "Doublepluesgood" LP (Matinee)


Más retro indie c-86 pop.


EL NOMBRE

"Bubblegum Lemonade comes from the Mama Cass Elliot debut 1969 solo album, 'Bubblegum, Lemonade And Something For Mama'. When I first saw it the potential for a band name jumped out at me. Also being obscure, Bubblegum Lemonade gives me an almost unique Goggle search result. I have learned this the hard way having previously been in a band called the Search Engines. What was I thinking ? A great name, but impossible to find online"


THE RICKENBACKER GUITAR

"It has a unique Clang sound that cuts through the audio mix. Many of my favourite guitarists played the Rickenbacker; Roger McGuinn, Marty Willson - Piper, Peter Buck, Susanna Hoffs, Paul Weller and Johnny Marr. Did you know that there is a Rickenbacker International Airport ? You couldn't land a Flying-V there. A Jefferson Airplane, maybe!


MATINEE

"Matinee is the new Creation, Sarah and Factory. Jimmy Tassos has the ears of Alan McGee and the eyes of Peter Saville. I'm going to have to see what that would literally look like in Photoshop. Matinee is about making the best possible pop records but in their own uncompromising way"


STRAWBERRY WHIPLASH

"Strawberry Whiplash have the cute vocals of Strawberry Switchblade combined with the fuzzy guitars of Meat Whiplash. They were both local bands. 'Since Yesterday' (STRAWBERRY Switchblade) and 'Don't Slip Up' (Meat WHIPLASH) are two of my favourite songs. Sandra sings and I (Laz) play the instruments in Strawberry Whiplash; Bubblegum Lemonade is primarily a solo project."


INFLUENCIAS

"Talulah Gosh, the Razorcuts, Primal Scream,My Bloody Valentine, the Jesus and mary chain, the Byrds, the Primitives... When first getting into music, my favourites were the Velvets and the Byrds which of course led me towards the Mary Chain, Love, Rain Parade, the Kinks, Spacemen 3, and so on.

(Declaraciones extraídas de pennyblackmusic)

No hay comentarios:

Datos personales

Mi foto
contact: silvinaberenguergomez@gmail.com